Beyond the Pour Podcast Episode Two: When Can You Say You’ve “Had” A Beer?
A day late, but hopefully not a dollar short on this one. Ryan and I recorded this one late last week, and it took me a bit of extra time to get it edited and posted.
I’ve switched hosting sites, and if you’re looking for an RSS feed for the podcast itself you can find it here.
To those waiting for it, yes, I’m working diligently to get this onto iTunes. Hopefully by the time of the next episode we’ll be up and running.
0:00 to 19:53 What we’ve been drinking lately. Ryan went to the “Brewbies” fundraiser and enjoyed Pliny the Younger among many other great things, and I’m drinking a Fuller’s ESB to break up all the hoppy beers and high-end specialty releases (like Bell’s Black Note) that I’ve been having lately. We digress a bit and also discuss some of the pitfalls of these sorts of super-rare releases and what it means for the industry.
19:53-26:45 Magic Hat founder says beer geeks “one of the industry’s problems.” Are beer geeks dismissive of sessionable, grocery-store type beers? Should we be?
35:33 to 49:53 Our feature conversation: how do you know when you’ve “had” a beer? How many ounces is too few? Is “ticking” a reasonable thing?
Related: Beer Tickers free on Hulu.
Thanks as always for listening, and please comment if you’re so inclined. Cheers!
About danieleharperChemist, rationalist, skeptic, feminist, and deeply humanist. Podcasts about Doctor Who and social justice at oispaceman.libsyn.com.
- May 2014 (8)
- April 2014 (1)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (6)
- September 2013 (8)
- August 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (14)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (10)
- August 2011 (28)
- RT @amaditalks: A president talking about his VP desiring a genocide of LGBTQ is NOT JOKING even if he laughs when he says it. 6 hours ago
- @inkyosa twitter.com/nicolelzhu/sta… 15 hours ago
- RT @ira: Mayim Bialik’s trash NYT op-ed shouldn’t be a surprise if you remember this https://t.co/s6QeSIfaKe 1 day ago
- @MoaVideos That thread just makes me think I need to get over my anxiety and fucking write. Too many reasonable peo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @erikcorry: When your software isn't written for tropical storm force winds North of 60 degrees. nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphi… https://t.co/RR… 2 days ago